Wednesday, May 27, 2015
In this episode, the guys come full circle to the topic of their very first episode, only with an updated spin: Why hip-hop still? Including, but not limited to: Wedding talk! Matt thinks a lot of music he used to love doesn't hold up! Kelen makes a case for sampling! How "Started From The Bottom" and Kendrick Lamar brought Kelen back from the brink! More talk of how they listen to less conscious rap! How Matt learned how to love other genres from hip-hop! "There's a hip-hop song for every moment that I need to get through my day!" Kelen reminisces on What's The 411! Too much music?! Kelen's favorite 2Pac song! And so much more like that one Fat Joe song! Your favorite podcast is back again, so you better press play before we start charging a fee!
Hip-Hop Manifesto - Episode #13: Why Hip-Hop Still?
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
Second Round Results: 2-2 (8-4)
Two Sundays ago, the Bulls were seconds away from forcing overtime in Game 4, an overtime period that I’m convinced they would’ve won to go up 3-1 on the Cavs. Now they’re at home after giving up in Game 6 and about to lose their best head coach since Phil Jackson. Seconds away. Final four time.
Monday, May 18, 2015
Second Round Results: 4-0 (10-2)
I’ve been guessing these series pretty well, but I still don’t know enough for you to trust me. Final four time.
#1 New York Rangers v. #3 Tampa Bay Lightning – Rangers are hot now. Should beat Tampa Bay in 5.
#1 Anahiem Ducks v. #3 Chicago Blackhawks – This will be a slugfest. I have Chicago in 7 games, but I’m regretting this as I write only because I feel like I’m putting the failed hopes of the Bulls on their shoulders now. Don’t hate me Blackhawks fans. I just want the Chi to win in general. Unless it’s the Bears. Or the White Sox. Even I have a soft spot for the Cubs.
Friday, May 15, 2015
I finished redesigning the Podcasts section of the site last week. Every podcast that I'm involved with is here now and well as my guest appearances on other podcast.
- Hip-Hop Manifesto - Hosted with Matthew "Chivalry" Spencer. Chiv and I take on random topics in the world of hip-hop.
- Hyphen Nation - A potpourri type show that covers whatever I feel like talking about. All my Victory Jumpoff Radio and Two Webshooters & A Microphone episode are housed here as well.
- Trike Adventures - Hosted with Anthony Sellers and Thomas Crawford. A roundtable podcast, I (try to) moderate by bringing various topics to talk about, but most of the time everyone makes fun of me. NSFW.
- The Slobberknocker Chronicles - Hosted with Thomas Crawford. A wrestling podcast, Thomas and I discuss the current state of affairs in the WWE.
- Moves Like Curtis: The Podcast - Hosted by Thomas Deja. Rising from Tom's Moves Like Curtis column, this is a NFL podcast covering the latest in league events.
- Nocturne Travel Agency Podcast - Hosted by Thomas Deja. Tom sits down with a great collection of authors and gets to the nitty gritty of what makes them tick.
- Mollyfog The Music - Hosted with Thomas Deja. Tom and I give each other 3 songs to listen to and we record our thoughts here. And talk about women. Episodes 1 and 2 coming soon.
- Guest Appearances - Every trackable appearance I've made on other podcasts.
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
In this edition, Kelen and Matt take on a subject everyone has wondered: Is Kanye West crazy? Along the way, they discover that Kanye is a genius a*****e, that Kelen really loves Roc-A-Fella, Matt muses what present day Kanye would think of 2005 Kanye, that Kanye says things like this, "I was raised better than that, that was very arrogant.", that Kanye is always a little more crazier at the MTV Video Music Awards, and much more! Also, 50 Cent is a genius, Amber Rose was hotter pregnant than Kim Kardashian was, how South Park is the king of "too soon", and why we don't listen to Talib Kweli anymore! So while we want Kanye to find happiness, we also want you to press play, and watch out for that stop sign!
Hip-Hop Manifesto - Episode #12: Is Kanye West Crazy?