I've been watching Fear The Walking Dead and the last episode finally hooked me after three previous episodes of boredom and hating on the characters. There’s still a lot of things I hate (I really have to force myself to just go with it – word to Derrick and Tom) but now that the government is showing a tiny bit of its hand, I’m intrigued. So with less than 3 weeks until The Walking Dead returns (!) and Talking Out The Dead the week after the first episode of Season 6, here’s Talking Out Fear The Walking Dead!
And I can’t even act like I did this for the site. I sent these to Heather yesterday. The best bloggers know how to create content when there isn’t any, right?
But maybe, just maybe… Thomas and I will attempt a column for Season 2 of FTWD when it comes out in 2016.
And maybe I need to start finding some income for writing about The Walking Dead universe almost year round then…
- What was in that house that Chris, Madison, and eventually Travis saw the light in? Do you think it was walkers? Or, more likely, some survivors who were in the classified “Dead Zone” that they apparently missed in their first sweep?
- It looks like the Army has no idea what’s going on with what Madison found in the DZ. That one kid next to the gun hadn’t turned. Now that’s not to say they are aware that everyone is infected or if they were just shooting everything that moved. He could have also shot himself, but that seems unlikely. And someone has to have noticed she went out there, I bet that comes up later.
- Alicia is fucking useless. OH LOOK I WENT BACK TO THE BABYSITTER’S HOUSE AND FOUND THIS NOTE THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING OR NOTHING AND WEAR IMPOSSIBLY SHORT SKIRTS ALL THE TIME (almost). I hate her.
- Pretty sure that Liza bailed once she saw Nick getting yanked out of the house (thank God. I hope they buzz off that nappy shit on his head and he shows up later and sober bad ass). She wants to help but that much to leave her kid and “guaranteed” safety? I think she was really avoiding the wrath of Madison.
- I LOVED that Madison slapped the hell out of Nick when she realized he was getting high off of morphine. Took 4 episodes too long.
- I want to know what’s in Madison’s coffee cup.
- I was glad to see Ofelia was using the soldier to help her mom and not just trying to have a “the world’s ending, must have sex” fling. Shows that she’s a bit resourceful, even though using her body isn’t her best bet.
- I hope that Daniel makes it out of this season. I love the grizzled old guys who have already seen some shit in their lifetimes. He’s an El Salvadorian Mike Ehrmantraut!
- I hate Moyers and I can’t wait until he dies.
- They killed Doug. He didn’t get any of the help he needs.