I like to cook because as I've gotten older I've found it to be a pretty relaxing hobby. I tackled crock pot steak hoagies for the second or third time recently.
- Eye of Round Steak thin (4-6 pieces of steak)
*This could honestly be any kind of steak, but the bigger and thicker, the longer you'll have to cook it.
- 2 10-12 oz. bottles of steak sauce
*I went with the Kroger brand but if you want to splurge on A1 or something else, go for it.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Seasoning salt to taste (I just coated the top of all the ingredients with each of these three)
- 1 cup of water or beef broth
*You can substitute the steak sauce for a container of beef broth if you'd like for a more cheesesteak like experience
- 2 green peppers
*My wife isn't huge on peppers but if you want different kinds, add away
- 1 onion (optional)
*My wife isn't big on onions either so I tried fried and raw onions and I found the raw ones to be the best.
- 1/2-1 clove of garlic or 1/2 tsp-1 tbsp of minced garlic
- Hoagie buns
- Shredded or sliced cheese of your choice
I wouldn't recommend any condiments unless you really want them; the steak will be flavorful enough. I've been putting the raw onions on the bottom, the steak on top, and a sprinkling shredded cheese on top.
Be ready to make a mess too, if you manage to eat this cleanly, you didn't enjoy it enough.